Countdown To The 2019 C&D Xiamen Marathon
(January 6, 2019)
Last updated on 30 July 2018
We, Xiamen Media Group Sports.Co.Ltd, No.307 Hubin East Road, Siming District, Xiamen City, are the operator of this website(www.xmim.org) and responsible for the collection and processing of personal data.
We may refer to ourselves, on this page, as: “we,” “our,” or “us.” We refer to you as “you” or “your” or “yourself.”
Personal Data We Collect
We collect Personal Data, which may include:
• ID Card Information
• Email address
• Mobile Phone number
• Date of birth
• Blood Type
• Payment information
• Qualification details (including times and events)
• Current Address
• Emergency Contact
How We Collect Personal Data
We collect information you provide directly via the services. For example, we collect information when you create an account, register for a race, make an online purchase, or otherwise communicate or transact with us through the services.
Uses of Personal Data
We use Personal Data to facilitate your Xiamen Marathon registration and participation, and ensure that all participants in the event have a safe and enjoyable experience. This data may be used for the following business purposes including:
• providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests including to;
• provide notifications concerning the Xiamen Marathon;
• provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account, and providing you with related customer service, responding to your requests and inquiries;
• complete your registrations, and provide you with related customer service;
• send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
• answer frequently asked questions, to ensure you have Xiamen Marathon race package (including race bib, participant guide, timing chip);
• enhance your experience of the event;
• track and record your event results; and
• ensure the health and safety of all participants.
We may also use your Personal Data to accomplish our business purposes, such as for:
• data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services;
• audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements;
• fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
• developing new events;
• enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users;
• determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users;
• operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may disclose Personal Data to:
Our third party service providers to facilitate services they provide to us. These services can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services. When required by applicable law, we will enter into contractual agreements with such providers; and
Event vendors, organizers, volunteers, contractors, sponsors and vendors to facilitate the Xiamen Marathon. When required by applicable law, we will enter into contractual agreements with such providers. Certain of these parties may receive Personal Data in the course of providing their services or as a component of their sponsorship agreement.
Other Uses and Disclosures
Publication of the race results
The results from your participation (first and last name, BIB number, year of birth, gender, age group, ranking, and time) will be published after each event on the online results page.
We may also use and disclose Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate to do so:
• to comply with applicable law including treaties or agreements with or between foreign or domestic governments (including in relation to tax reporting laws), which may include laws outside the country you are located in;
• to respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country;
• to cooperate with law enforcement, governmental, regulatory;
• to courts, litigation counterparties and others, pursuant to subpoena or other court order or process or otherwise as reasonably necessary, including in the context of litigation, arbitration and similar proceedings to enforce our terms and conditions, and as reasonably necessary to prepare for or conduct any litigation, arbitration and/or similar proceedings; and
• to enforce our terms and conditions and protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
In addition, we may use, disclose or transfer Personal Data to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business and assets.
In the event a participant seeks medical attention during an event, personnel at medical aid stations may collect and store individually identifiable medical information during this encounter.
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal a person’s specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as:
• Browser and device information;
• App usage data;
• Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
• Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal a person’s specific identity;
• Information that has been aggregated in a manner that it no longer reveals a person’s specific identity; and
• Survey responses and similar information which reveals views and preferences, but which does not reveal a person’s specific identity.
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
Through a browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through devices, such as a Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) being used. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly;
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Data. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Data as long as it is combined.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on Our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be 100% secure and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out Information in public areas of the Services.
We may collect and process the personal data of children below the age of 13 for the purposes of administering the following areas of our business, in which case we will always ensure that consent is given or authorised by the holder of parental responsibility over that child:
Events in which children may participate. We require the child’s details in order for them to participate;
To televise, film and/or otherwise record Our events and to take photographs and record footage of Our events; and
To facilitate and publish the results of Our events.
We will retain Personal Data for as long as it is needed or permitted in light of the purposes for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
We are based in China. and the information we and our service providers collect is governed by Chinese law. If you are accessing the Services from outside of China, please be aware that information collected through the Services may be transferred to, processed, stored and used in China. Data protection laws in China may be different from those of your country of residence. Your use of the Services or provision of any information therefore constitutes your consent to the transfer to and from, processing, usage, sharing and storage of your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, in China as set forth in this Policy.