Countdown To The 2019 C&D Xiamen Marathon
(7:30 AM, January 6th)
I. Race Information
(I) Date: January 6th(Sunday), 2019
(II) Event: Marathon (42.195KM)
(III) Event capacity: 35,000
1. Individual Marathon (Men, Women);
2. Cross-Strait Invitational Marathon Tournament.
(V) Start waves:
The race will start in THREE waves. First wave: 7:30.
Further instructions will be announced on the basis of the registration status.
The Start & Finish: Xiamen International Convention and Exhibition Center
Xiamen International Convention and Exhibition Center (The Start) → Huizhan Road → South Huizhan Road → South Island Ring Blvd → Daxue Road → Yanwu Road → Yanwu Bridge → Lujiang Ave → South Hubin Road → Bailuzhou Road (run around the hall to retrace) → Bailuzhou Road → South Hubin Road → West Hubin Road (Retracing Point) → Lujiang Ave → Yanwu Bridge →South Island Ring Blvd→ South Huizhan Road → Huizhan Road → Xiamen International Convention and Exhibition Center (The Finish)
II. Important Information
(I) Registration to C&D Xiamen Marathon 2019 falls into three stages : pre-registration, drawing lots and payment after win the lots. There will be a second round of drawing lots when the first one is finished, to randomly sort the unselected applicants for waiting list.Once win the lots, applicants shall proceed with payment within schedule time (12:00 October 1 -18:00 October 7, 2018) to confirm race qualification. Failing to pay by due day will be regarded as renunciation of the qualification, which will be released to applicants on the waiting list for replacement until full capacity . (Payment deadline for waiting list applicants: October 10, 2018.) The qualification is limited only to the applicants themselves for participating in the race and must not be transferred.
(II) Applicants must provide valid and correct information for the race registration. The organizing committee will verify the authenticity of the information. Once discovering any conduct of false registration, it will disqualify the contestant from participating in 2019 C&D Xiamen Marathon.
(III) According to Rules and Regulations of C&D Xiamen Marathon 2019, overseas applicants can receive direct qualification for participating in the race without drawing lots. In order to prevent from deceptive conducts, the organizing committee will verify the information of overseas applicants in the first place. In order to guard against falsification, the organizing committee will verify the information of overseas contestants , and they will be disqualified once discovered, with the right reserved to forbid them from participating in Xiamen Marathon in the future. Contestants are hoped to coordinate and comply.
(IV) In cases of uncivilized behaviors during the race (open defecation, littering that impedes others from running, and conducts that impact the safety of others, etc.), the organizing committee has the right to cancel the contestant’s race result and report to Chinese Athletic Association for additional penalties.
(V) Consultation for registration:
Tel: 0592-5372205/5372206, Fax: 0592-5372100
Working hours: 9:00a.m. - 12:00 p.m., 2:30p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
For more information on participating in C&D Xiamen Marathon 2019, please visit the official website www.xmim.org or follow the official WeChat account xiamenmls.
III. Registration Information
(I) Application Date: August 31 - Sep 20, 2018
(II) Age requirement: Over 20 (born before December 31, 1999)
(III) Physical requirement: Marathon is an athletic sport of high load and great intensity over long distances,and is also a high-risk competitive event, with high requirements on contestants’ physical condition. Contestants ought to be in physical health with the basis of long-term participation in long-distance running exercise or training. Anyone who has any of the following diseases is prohibited to register and participate in the race:
1. Congenital and rheumatic heart diseases;
2. Hypertension and cerebrovascular disease;
3. Myocarditis and other heart diseases;
4. Coronary artery disease and serious cardiac arrhythmia;
5. Hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia diabetes;
6. Influenza 2 weeks before the racing day;
8. Other diseases unsuitable for sports.
(IV) Registration Procedure:
1. Event capacity: 35,000. Pre-registration is adopted. Applicants will be selected by drawing lots if applications exceed the quota.
2. Team registration shall not be acceptable.
3. Please log into the official website www.xmim.org or follow the official WeChat account xiamenmls for pre-registration to register as per relevant requirements. Please submit one one inch personal recent bareheaded photo and one picture of each side of valid personal certificate.
4. Verification and drawing lots : September 21 -30, 2018.
5.The following participants can receive the qualifications directly for the race:
1) Invited Elite athletes of the organizing committee and applicants coming from foreign friendship cities;
2) Applicants with Xiamen Marathon Permanent Race Number.
3) Cross-strait Invitational Marathon Tournament runners.
4) Xiamen Marathon Elite Athletes (applicants whose race results achieve the ”XQ- Xiamen Marathon Qualifying Time” , see below chart for qualifying time), please provide Race Result Certificate of IAAF Road Race Label Events (please go to www.iaaf.org for more details) or of AIMS member events (please go to www.aims-worldrunning.org for more details) from January 2016 to May 2018, or accessible personal race result of ”Class A” events authenticated by CAA during January 1, 2016 - 6:00 p.m. June 1, 2018 (subject to the result found on the China Marathon Information Platform www.runchina.org.cn within the registration period.).
Xiamen Marathon Qualifying Time
Under Age 29
After Age 70
5) 100 applicants listed in the 1,000 Runners’ Group and 500 applications listed in the 10,000 Runners’ Group from the China Marathon Grand Prix /Go for the Olympics serial activities. Registration is on a first come first served basis.
6) Applicants who have got the race qualification of Xiamen Marathon in running events operated by Xiamen Media Group Sports Co., Ltd and whose age meets the rules and regulations of this race.
7) Overseas applicants;
8) Applicants from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan;
9) 200 applicants for Run for Charity. Registration is on a first come first served basis for the Run for Charity and without drawing lots up to the quota.
10) Applicants selected by drawing lots but failed to participate in 2018 C&D Xiamen Marathon (only for those whose race packet uncollected).
6. Other applicants will be selected by drawing lots for qualification.
7. In return for the support and participation for Xiamen Marathon of Xiamen citizens and runners, the organizing committee provides an extra 1500 quota of race qualification for applicants who loose the drawing lost but have Xiamen citizenship (subject to ID or Residence Permit obtained prior to August 31, 2018). Further instructions will be provided after the regular registration.
8. Applicants to be rejected from registration and participation
1) Applicants who have been inflicted with suspension penalty by CAA for violating relevant event rules;
2) Applicants who have been infliceted with suspension penalty by the organizing committee of Xiamen Marathon and races operated by operated by Xiamen Media Group Sports Co., Ltd for violating relevant rules.
9. Applicants who have participated in Xiamen Marathon for accumulative 10 years and who have finished the race within the cut-off time (subject to the manual of previous race results ) can have their own Permanent Race Number when registering again for the race. To apply for Permanent Race Number:
1) Applicants shall first register for the race;
2) Please send copies of Race Result Certificates and personal identification documents by express delivery to the organizing committee (Add: Frontier Hall of Xiamen Sports Center , Contact for Inquiry: 0592-5372206), or send the scanned files of Race Result Certificates and personal identification documents by email to email@example.com, please title the email in the form of “Permanent Race Number Application – Name – Phone Number”. For example: Permanent Race Number Application – Zhang San –13600000000.
3) Deadline on submitting documents: 6:00p.m., Sep 25, 2018
12. The organizing committee will notify the result of drawing lots through SMS, email, etc. in 10 work days after the registration deadline. Applicants can also inquire the result on Personal Center of the official website.
11. Please read Guide for Packet Pick-up released on our official website, WeChat and Weibo for packet collection.
(V) Registration Fee
1. Domestic contestants (including those from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan): RMB120/person；
2. Overseas contestants: USD 50/person;
3. Run for Charity: RMB2000/person; They can enjoy the benefits of medal presentation with the witness of no more than two relatives in the designated area around the finishing point, exclusive Run for Charity T-shirts, race number bibs and exclusive windows for race packet pick-up.
4. Free of charge for invited elite athletes, contestants with Xiamen Marathon Permanent Race Number, and Cross-Strait Invitational Marathon Tournament runners.
5. Free of charge for the 100 applicants listed in the 1,000 Runners’ Group from the China Marathon Grand Prix / Go for the Olympics serial activities.
6. Ways of Payment : Alipay, WeChat, Paypal
7. Race packet shall not be collected and registration fee shall not be refunded to those who have received the race qualification but incapable of participation. The organizing committee can offer to retain the qualification to the next year’s race, but the applicant must register and pay for the registration fee again. Applicants who have received the race qualification for two consecutive years but failed to attend both races will be disqualified for registering and participating in the race of the following year.
(VI) Ways of registration:
1. Please log into the official website of Xiamen Marathon( www.xmim.org) for online registration.
2. Please log into the official WeChat account of Xiamen Marathon (xiamenmls ) and click on “event registration”.
(VII) Running with flags, banners, slogans or non-official pace balloons are not encouraged. The organizing committee will open a timely application for them. Contestants with such requirements shall apply for it, and will be allocated to the last corral with the last wave. Contestants without this application will be disallowed to carry the above items to the race field. We beg your understanding and coordination.
(VIII) Contestants registered after the regular registration through sponsors or cooperative organizations shall all start in the last wave, regardless of personal race records.
(IX) Registration procedure:
IV. Please read Xiamen Marathon Guide for Packet Pick-up for packet collection.
V. Further notice will be announced for unmentioned matters. The notice is subject to this release and Xiamen Marathon Organizing Committee reserves the right to interpret it.
Xiamen Marathon Organizing Committee